Torbay Cleaner Coasts Initiative
We are a collection of organisations protecting our coastal habitats.
Scroll down to learn more...
...because no-one really uses websites anymore!
The member organisations of the Torbay Cleaner Coast Initiative have all previously been involved in marine conservation and voluntary projects. They share a common vision to work collectively to improve the marine and coastal environment within Torbay.
Prevent and reduce marine litter pollution in Torbay and its impact on marine organisms, habitats, public health and safety and reduce the socioeconomic costs it causes, including;
Removing marine litter from the sea and coastline.
Raising awareness, supporting and promoting engagement within local marine & coastal user communities to reduce marine litter.
Promoting environmentally friendly & sustainable practices, including disposal and recycling alternatives, through community information and education opportunities.
All our partner organisations are amazing in the amount of time and support they give.
- Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust,
- Torbay Council,
- Fathoms Free,
- Living Coasts,
- Torbay Harbour, Resort and Marine Services,
- Nautilus Dive Charters,
We are always looking for new projects that support our objectives.
Previous and current projects include;
- Land and marine based litter surveys,
- Dive activities for angling litter retreival from the sea bed,
- Awarenss campaigns for protection of local coastal habitats,
- Community engagement activity days,
- Beach cleans,
- Sustained land based projects to assess and manage antisocial behaviour at key landmark beauty spots and protected Sites of Special Scientific Interest(SSSI's),
- Cross agency projects for the preservation of protected species and there natural coastal habitats (Grey Seals and Peregrine Falcons).
All our projects rely on volunteer activity, fundraising and grants.
To continue our work we are required to contiuously raise funds to purchase project equipment, personal protective equipment, fuel for boats during marine activies, insurances, and flasks of tea to keep us warm in the winter months.
Would you like to support our projects?
Can you spare time to volunteer?
Do you have access to funding?
Are you active in environmental conservation in Torbay?
If so get in touch. We would really like meet you.
Fill out your details below with a short message and we'll get back to you.
Watch our short video about some of the work we do.
be an environmental hero...